CERS Data Registry
The CERS Data Registry (CDR) provides a listing of data fields used by the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS).
Direct questions about the CDR to CERS Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: As of February 2014, the CDR search functionality was simplified to show each field only once in the Registry. So some fields that appear multiple times in the regulatorily-defined version of the Unified Program Data Dictionary (e.g., Facility ID), will only appear once in CDR (normmally in the Chapter 1 definitions).
Data Dictionary XML Schema References
- Unified Program Data Dictionary XML Schema Reference
- This is the XML Schema (XML Tag) reference for all data fields defined in the Data Dictionary, used by businesses and regulators to fulfill the Unified Program requirements for electronic reporting (California Code of Regulations, Title 27, Division 3, Subdivision 1- Data Dictionary).
- CERS System Fields
- This is a listing of all data elements used by CERS to facilitate submittal workflows and user authentication/authorization. In most cases, these fields primarily apply to electronic data exchange, but in some cases may appear in the CERS web user interface as well.
- CERS Supplemental Fields
- This is a listing of all data elements CERS users and EDT clients can optionally provide to each other (e.g. geolocation data, data system facility identifiers not otherwise defined in other CERS data resources or dictionaries).
- Chemical Library
- The CERS Chemical Library includes chemical names and CAS (Chemical Abstract Service) numbers for 75,000 chemicals from the US EPA Federal Substance Registry, as well as hazard information for several thousand hazardous materials commonly reported by California businesses. Businesses can use data in the CERS Chemical Library to save research and data entry time in reporting their hazardous materials inventories, and both business and regulators can benefit from the Library through improved data quality and consistency.
- Violation Library
- The Unified Program Violation Library is a repository of standard violation definitions (and their associated legal citations) that Unified Program Agencies (UPAs) may use in their field inspections, and must use when reporting violation detail data to CERS.
Archive Data Dictionary XML Schema References
- Unified Program Data Dictionary XML Schema Reference (2012-2013)
- This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet references the XML Schema (XML Tag) for all data fields defined in the Data Dictionary used by businesses and regulators to fulfill the Unified Program requirements for electronic reporting (California Code of Regulations, Title 27, Division 3, Subdivision 1- Data Dictionary), at the time CERS2 was deployed (January 2012).
- Summary of Data Exchange-Related Changes to the Unified Program Data Dictionary (November 2011 Update)
- This document summarizes corrections, clarifications, and additions made to the 3.00 version of the Unified Program Data Dictionary to enable implementation of electronic data exchange as mandated by AB2286. Most changes were deemed “required” by Cal/EPA Unified Program staff, while some cases changes were recommended and later adopted by the Unified Program Data Management Steering Committee (DMSC) during late 2010 and early 2011.
- Unified Program Data Dictionary (Version 3.00)
- This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet lists the Unified Program Data Dictionary fields as they were official defined in California Code of Regulations, Title 27, Division 3, Subdivision 1 from the early 2000s until December 17, 2013.